Refrigerated cargo services
There is a growing demand for handling perishable cargo, meaning certain types of products that require to be under a controlled set of temperature. For perishables, refrigerated and frozen products, the Port of Cartagena Organization has developed a platform inspection and transfer processes that meets the highest quality and safety standards. Its sea terminals, SPRC and Contecar, have 2,500 connection points for refrigerated containers, as well as their own electricity substations so they can guarantee a constant energy supply in the event of a possible power cut.
A refrigerated warehouse is under construction, and it will store frozen and refrigerated products, as well as those in need of specific temperatures. The goal is to be able to pack, repack, classify, mark, label and distribute these types of products from this location.
Services are provided that guarantee optimum temperature management in cross-docking processes such as:
- Constant temperature control.
- Filling, emptying and maintaining the cold chain service.
- Handling perishable products by qualified personnel with full training in food quality systems.
- Latest generation infrastructure with extensive cross-dock zones to facilitate transfer operations and inspections of refrigerated and frozen products by the respective authorities.
- Piers with container couplings, and duly protected vans that completely seal units, thereby fully guaranteeing the cold chain.
The terminals will have an installed capacity consisting of 11 positions for executing cold chain services, and with this and other strategies, Port of Cartagena Organization will stand out as the principal logistics services platform for perishable goods, thus becoming a regional hub specializing in this type of cargo.
Additionally, the Port of Cartagena offers services tailor-designed for clients, in case they require any special service. The Commercial Team is ready to listen to your needs and offer you a specialized service in order to solve your inquiries.