- Where is the Cruise Ship Terminal?
- The Cruise Ship Terminal is located in Manga, at Sociedad Portuaria Regional de Cartagena (SPRC) sea terminal. The terminal is 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) from the historic center and 20 minutes from other places of interest.
- How can I get from the Cruise Ship Terminal to the city’s tourist attractions, and vice versa?
- At Cartagena de Indias’ Cruise Ship Terminal you will find taxis, minibuses and independent tour guides that offer city tours. Click here for more information.
- What is the distance from the Cruise Ship Terminal to Rafael Núñez Airport?
- Rafael Núñez Airport is approximately 8 kilometers (5 miles) from the Cruise Ship Terminal, around 20 minutes by car.
- Is Cartagena a safe city?
- Yes, it is a safe city. You are advised to take the normal precautions you would normally take in any touristic destination.
- What’s the weather like in Cartagena?
- During the day, the temperature varies between 25 and 32 degrees centigrade (80°F and 90°F). Due to its high humidity, it normally feels hotter. It doesn’t rain often, but when it does, rainfall can fall heavy for a short period of time. The dry season runs from December to March, and the breeze after midday reduces the humidity level and the sensation of heat.
- Can I walk from the Cruise Ship Terminal to the historic center?
- Although it is possible to walk, for comfort reasons you are advised to use transportation from the Cruise Ship Terminal (approx. 15-20 min). If you do decide to walk, it usually takes approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Where can I buy tickets for a cruise?
- People interested in traveling with Pullmantur can buy tickets on the company’s website, www.pullmantur.travel.
Infrastructure and services
- Is there a parking lot at the Cruise Ship Terminal for embarking passengers?
- To simplify passenger arrivals and departures, it is advisable to arrive by taxi. The Cruise Ship Terminal has set aside an area so that travelers arriving by car are able to enter the premises easily with their luggage. Nevertheless, passengers arriving in private vehicles must leave the car outside and walk into the Terminal.
- Can I leave luggage at the Cruise Ship Terminal while I take a city tour?
- For security reasons, it is important for passengers to keep their luggage in sight and with them at all times. There is no place inside the terminal where passengers can leave unattended luggage.
- Is there a Wi-Fi connection at the Terminal for passengers?
- Yes, the terminal offers Wi-Fi service. Anyone interested can purchase the package that best meets their needs. Rates: 1 hour - USD 3; 2 hours - USD 5; 24 hours - USD 10.
- Is the Terminal suitable for persons with reduced mobility?
- The Cruise Ship Terminal is equipped with everything a person with reduced mobility may need. He/she will be able to use the facilities without any problems.
- What places are recommended to change currency?
- Passengers are advised to change currency at authorized establishments or banks. If you use American dollars and your stay is a short one, there is no need to change your money for Colombian pesos. It is nevertheless advisable to change money if you have Euros or other foreign currencies because these are not so widely accepted in restaurants or stores (including street sales).
- Where can I rent an automobile?
- There are numerous Colombian and international vehicle rental agencies in Cartagena. However, passengers can find independent taxis and minibuses at the Cruise Ship Terminal to tour around the city.
- What forms of payment are permitted at the Cruise Ship Terminal?
- You can pay for your purchases in cash or by credit card. Most credit cards are accepted, (except Discover credit cards). You should inform your bank that you will leave your country or origin prior to your departure. This will prevent you from having any payment issues abroad. Companies are very sensitive to changes in spending patterns and locations and could block transactions if they detect a charge was made from an unusual place.
- What entertainment options are available at the Cruise Ship Terminal?
- The Cruise Ship Terminal has an open zoo, where passengers can follow safe, comfortable paths as they admire parrots, flamingoes, howler monkeys, marmosets, pelicans, iguanas, and even deer. There is also the Cruise House, which praises and pays tribute to Colombia’s cultural diversity. In the house, you will find a great variety of handicrafts: baskets, hammocks, necklaces, pottery flutes, bags, and a vast range of woven hats. The replica emerald mine is also a touristic attraction, which contains an exhibition of Colombian emeralds. Here, visitors can discover one of the country’s most admired and sought-after riches.
- Where can I look for lost luggage or other objects inside the Cruise Ship Terminal?
- Lost luggage is taken into custody by the shipping line’s agency. For more information, contact Avia Caribbean, the Pullmantur Landing Operator, by dialing (+57 5) 665 01001.
Port of embarkation
- At what time should I arrive at the Terminal on embarkation day?
- It is suggested that you arrive at 3.00 p.m., which is one hour before the embarkation operation begins. Please be mindful that the operation starts when the ship is at the pier. You should bear in mind that migration services end at 7.00 p.m.
- What documents should passengers present when embarking?
- All passengers, including children, should ensure that their personal documents are in order, including visas (depending on the destination), passport and national identification document. Remember that when traveling with under-age minors, it is necessary to present the birth certificate and permission to leave the country, duly signed and authenticated by the parents, to the authorities. For further information, contact the migration authority.